Hack Attempts on my YouTube Channel and Facebook Account:
Yubikey Hardware Security Key- A lot of YouTube channels and Facebook accounts are hacked.
In the last 20 days, more than 20 hack attempts are made on my YouTube channel “Electronic Clinic” and also on my Facebook account. I am getting emails from hackers on my yahoo id and also on my official website email id which are available in the description of every video I upload on my YouTube channel. These email ids have nothing to do with my YouTube channel and Adsense accounts. I am not using a cell phone or any email id for the verification of my account. I am using a hardware security key. So even if you have the password, still you will need a registered hardware key for the successful login.
These hackers are using different techniques; I am going to share with you some screenshots.
Sometimes they offer sponsorship for making a review video by installing an application or creating an account on their website. So if you do this your online accounts are gone in a day or so, if you don’t have a highly secured 2 step verification or authentication system.
Security Alert, to make it look real the hacker added the word Google and look at the sender’s email id and moreover why Google will send me an email on my yahoo id? I am using this email id only for project discussions with my followers. So, if you get an email like this, never click on any link.
Invalid click activity (Last Warning). I have been receiving emails from this email id, but I never clicked on any link, and that’s the reason the hacker added the last warning thing. He was trying to force me to click on the link given below. Which I will never do. It really doesn’t make any sense why Google Adsense will send me an email about the invalid click activity which was detected on the YouTube channel on my Website email id. So, again the hacker is trying to make me click on this link, which I am never going to click.
Bulk Advertising Violation, Again the hacker is trying to make it real by adding Google ads But look at the email id, and it is sent on my yahoo id, which you can find in the description and comments. The hackers search for personal information, like cell phone numbers and email ids. Never share your email ids and cell phone numbers which are connected with your Gmail accounts. But if you are not using your cell phone number for the 2-step verification then it’s fine you can use it. In my case, I am using the Hardware security key.
Yubikey Hardware Security Key Amazon Purchase links are given below:
Yubico – YubiKey Hardware key: https://amzn.to/388Ejpm
Yubico – YubiKey 5 NFC: https://amzn.to/31xRm0U
Yubico – YubiKey 5C Nano https://amzn.to/376dZLa
Feitian Multipass and ePass FIDO 2-in-1 Bundle https://amzn.to/370sdNK
*Please Note: These are affiliate links. I may make a commission if you buy the components through these links. I would appreciate your support in this way!
So, If you are running a YouTube channel, a website, Facebook group, twitter, Github, Dropbox etc and you are afraid that somebody is going to hack your online accounts then you should read this article from start to the very end. Because in this article, you will learn how to protect your Gmail accounts so that nobody can hack your YouTube channel, Website, Your Google Adsense Gmail accounts, Facebook account and so on using a single Yubikey Hardware Security Key.
The Yubikey Hardware Security Key protects your online accounts against unauthorized access by using 2-factor authentications with the Yubico Security key. It’s the world’s most protective USB security key that works with more online services/apps than any other.
Once registered each service will request you to insert the Yubico PC Security Key into a USB port and tap the gold contact to gain access, the key icon which you can see lights up when you insert this into the UBS port, this is where you have to touch your finger. No additional software is required and authentication is easy, fast, and reliable. It is strong first or second-factor authentication that does not require a battery or network connectivity.
I purchased two of these; it’s good to have a backup hardware key. Never purchase a single hardware key. The Yubico Security key is FIDO certified and works with Google Chrome and any FIDO-compliant application on windows, Mac OS or Linux.
The Yubico Hardware security key is extremely secure and durable; the Security key is tamper-resistant, water-resistant, and crush resistant. These are designed to protect your online accounts from account takeovers. The Yubikey Hardware Security Key has multi-protocol support including FIDO2 and FIDO U2F to give you strong hardware-based authentication. Registering a Yubikey is very simple.
Note: watch video given at the end for the step by step explanation and practical demonstration.
- While your Gmail account is opened.
- Click on the settings.
- Click on the accounts and import.
- In the change account settings click on the change password recovery options.
- Scroll down and click on the 2-step verification.
- Scroll down and click on the get started button.
- So first I am going to activate the two-step verification using my cell phone, which I am sure you are quite familiar with. Turn on the 2-step verification.
- Now, Scroll down and click on the Add Security Key.
- Now I am going to insert the security key in the USB port, once the security key is inserted tap the gold contact, a notification message will be displayed make sure you click on the allow button and that’s it.
As you can see a security key has been added. You can add multiple security keys, now to add another hardware key simply click on the add security key and repeat the same steps. I successfully added two Yubikey hardware security keys.
I am going to access this Gmail account using the hardware security key, just to make sure that the maximum security is activated. For the first time when you check this cancel the hardware key to check if there is any other option available, click on the try another way, If your cell number is added then it’s not good, you will need to remove your cell number from the 2-step verification, otherwise, the hardware key will have no advantage; as you know the cell numbers can be easily cloned. Make sure you only have the hardware key for the 2-step verification. I myself removed the cell number, which you can see in the video.
After removing my cell number now I can only use my hardware keys. Now check this once again, So, if this time you click on the try another way, you will see, that now you can only use the hardware key. So, right now the maximum security is activated. Now, I can only log into my Gmail account using the Yubikey Hardware security key.
The same you can do for Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Github, etc.
OTG Cable for Android Male Micro USB to USB A-Female https://amzn.to/2Ss4bG3
Using a USB adapter you can connect the Yubico hardware security key with your cell phone.
There are some other versions of the hardware security keys which support Bluetooth connectivity and NFC is given below.
Yubico – YubiKey 5 NFC
- SECURITY KEY: Protect your online accounts against unauthorized access by using 2-factor authentication with the Yubico YubiKey 5 NFC security key. It’s the world’s most protective USB and NFC security key that works with more online services/apps than any other.
- FIDO: The YubiKey 5 NFC is FIDO certified and works with Google Chrome and any FIDO-compliant application on Windows, Mac OS or Linux. Secure your login and protect your Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox, Outlook, LastPass, Dashlane, 1Password, accounts and more.
- FITS USB-A PORTS: Once registered, each service will request you to insert the YubiKey PC security key into a USB-A port and tap to gain access. NFC-ENABLED: Also get touch-based authentication for NFC supported Android and iOS devices and applications. Just tap & go!
- DURABLE AND SECURE: Extremely secure and durable, YubiKeys are tamper resistant, water resistant, and crush resistant. The YubiKey 5 NFC USB is designed to protect your online accounts from phishing and account takeovers. Proudly made in the USA.
- MULTI-PROTOCOL SUPPORT: The YubiKey USB authenticator includes NFC and has multi-protocol support including FIDO2, FIDO U2F, Yubico OTP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, Smart card (PIV), OpenPGP, and Challenge-Response capability to give you strong hardware-based authentication.
Product Link: https://amzn.to/370qat2
Yubico – YubiKey 5C Nano
- SECURITY KEY: Protect your online accounts against unauthorized access by using 2 factor authentication with the Yubico YubiKey 5C Nano security key. It’s the world’s most protective USB security key that works with more online services/apps than any other.
- FIDO: The YubiKey 5C Nano is FIDO certified and works with Google Chrome and any FIDO-compliant application on Windows, Mac OS or Linux. Secure your login and protect your Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox, Outlook, LastPass, Dashlane accounts, 1Password, and more.
- FITS USB-C PORTS: Once registered, each service will request you to insert the YubiKey PC security key into a USB-C port and tap to gain access. The extra compact size is designed to stay in the port so you can stay connected and secure anywhere.
- DURABLE AND SECURE: Extremely secure and durable, YubiKeys are tamper resistant, water resistant, and crush resistant. The YubiKey 5C Nano USB is designed to protect your online accounts from phishing and account takeovers. Proudly made in the USA.
- MULTI-PROTOCOL SUPPORT: The YubiKey USB authenticator has multi-protocol support including FIDO2, FIDO U2F, Yubico OTP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, Smart card (PIV), OpenPGP, and Challenge-Response capability to give you strong hardware-based authentication.
Product Link: https://amzn.to/376dZLa
OnlyKey FIDO2 / U2F Security Key and Hardware Password Manager
- PROTECT ONLINE ACCOUNTS – A password manager, two-factor security key, and secure communication token in one, OnlyKey can keep your accounts safe even if your computer or a website is compromised. OnlyKey is open source, verified, and trustworthy.
- UNIVERSALLY SUPPORTED – Works with all websites including Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, and Google. Onlykey supports multiple methods of two-factor authentication including FIDO2 / U2F, Yubico OTP, TOTP, Challenge-response.
- PORTABLE PROTECTION – Extremely durable, waterproof, and tamper resistant design allows you to take your OnlyKey with you everywhere.
- PIN PROTECTED – The PIN used to unlock OnlyKey is entered directly on it. This means that if this device is stolen, data remains secure, after 10 failed attempts to unlock all data is securely erased.
- EASY LOG IN –No need to remember multiple passwords because by plugging OnlyKey to your computer, it automatically inputs your username and password. It works with Windows, Mac OS, Linux, or Chromebook, just press a button to login securely!
Product Link: https://amzn.to/2utn0R9
Feitian Multipass and ePass FIDO 2-in-1 Bundle
- FIDO U2F certified security key
- NFC interface for mobile phones and contactless readers
- BLE for compatible mobile devices (MultiPass FIDO only)
- Good choice for services require two security keys. (i.e Advanced Protection)
Product link: https://amzn.to/370sdNK
Watch Video Tutorial: